Happy Birthday Ron!

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Today is Ron Weasley's Birthday!

Even though I'm sure you don't care, I think he deserves some recognition, since he's one of "The Golden Trio" in the Harry Potter books =)

I personally don't like him too much (well, for a Harry Potter character anyway. I love all the characters [except Umbridge and Peter], but Ron's a prat.)

Also, since it's March first, that means it's time to start the NaBloPoMo theme that I got from Theresa: Lists! (I loove lists)

In honor of Ron's birthday, I think I'll post my top 10 favorite fanart pictures of Ron, along with a quote by him/excerpt of dialogue with him

(Note: Pictures and Quotes do not correlate)

~*~

[Harry and Ron talking about how their Divination exams went]
"Well, we were always going to fail that one," said Ron gloomily as they ascended the marble staircase. He had just made Harry feel rather better by telling him how he told the examiner in detail about the ugly man with a wart on his nose in the crystal ball, only to look up and realize he had been describing the examiner's reflection.

~*~
10.
As they climbed the staircase, the photos of various Healers called out to them, diagnosing odd complaints and suggesting horrible remedies. Ron was seriously affronted when a medieval wizard called out that he clearly had a bad case of spattergroit.
"And what's that supposed to be?" he asked angrily, as the Healer pursued him through six more portraits, shoving the occupants out of the way.
"'Tis a most grievous affliction of the skin, young master, that will leave you pockmarked and more gruesome even than you are now --"
"Watch who you're calling gruesome!" said Ron, his ears turning red.

"The only remedy is to take the liver of a toad, bind it tight about your throat, stand naked by the full moon in a barrel of eels' eyes --"
"I have not got spattergoit!"
"But the unsightly blemishes on your visage, young master --"
"They're freckles!" said Ron furiously.


~*~

9.
[Making up stuff for Divination Homework]
Hermione: Not going to have a very good month, are you?
Ron
: Ah well, at least I'm forewarned.
Hermione
: You seem to be drowning twice.
Ron
: Oh am I? I'd better change one of them to getting trampled by a rampaging hippogriff.

~*~

8.

Harry seized one of the POTTER REALLY STINKS badges off the table and chucked it, as hard as he could, across the room. It hit Ron on the forehead and bounced off.
"There you go," Harry said. "Something for you to wear on Tuesday. You might even have a scar now, if you're lucky.... That's what you want, isn't it?" (GF19)


~*~

7.
[In a letter from Ron to Harry in the beginning of Goblet of Fire]
"We're coming for you wheth
er the Muggles like it or not, you can't miss the World Cup, only Mum and Dad reckon it's better if we pretend to ask their permission first. If they say yes, send Pig back with your answer pronto, and we'll come and get you at five o'clock on Sunday. If they say no, send Pig back pronto and we'll come and get you at five o'clock on Sunday anyway."

~*~

6.

Hermione Granger: You come back after weeks - weeks - and you think it's all going to be all right if you just say sorry?"
Ron Weasley: Well, What else can I say?
Hermione Granger:
Oh, I don't know! Rack your brains, Ron, that should only take a couple of seconds-"



~*~
5.

[Harry and Ron interpreting each other's dreams]
"Well, I had one that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember. "What do you think that means?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or
something," said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest. (OP)

~*~

4.

Ron: [Waking up from a bad dream; sleepily] Sp-sp-sp-spiders! I don't wanna, I don't wanna- They want me to tap dance! I don't wanna tap dance!
Harry: [amused] You tell those spiders, Ron.
Ron:
[nodding] Yeah, I'll tell 'em, I'll tell 'em, tell 'em. [Instantly falls asleep again]

~*~

3.

"What's up with you, Hermione?"
She was gazing out the window, but not as though she really saw it. Her eyes were unfocused and there was a frown on her face.
"Just thinking..." she said, still frowning.
"About Siri -- Snuffles?" said Harry.
"No...not exactly..." said Hermione slowly. "More...wondering...I suppose we're doing the right thing...I think....aren't we?"
Harry and Ron looked at each other.
"Well, that clears that up," said Ron. "It would have been really annoying if you hadn't explained yourself properly."

~*~

2.
Ron Weasl
ey: Right, you've got a crooked sort of cross.… That means you're going to have 'trials and suffering'—sorry about that—but there's a thing that could be the sun … hang on … that means 'great happiness' … so you're going to suffer but be very happy about it...…

Harry Potter: You need your inner eye tested.



~*~
And Finally, #1 picture, and one of my favourite excerpts from Half-Blood Prince:

1.
"But Potter seems to have a lot to say on the subject," said Snape, pointing suddenly at the back of the room, his black eyes fixed on Harry. "Let us ask Potter how we would tell the difference between an Inferius and a ghost."


The whole class looked around at Harry, who hastily tried to recall what Dumbledore had told him the night that they had gone to visit Slughorn. "Er — well — ghosts are transparent —" he said.

"Oh, very good," interrupted Snape, his lip curling. "Yes, it in easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent."'

Pansy Parkinson let out a high-pitched giggle. Several other people were smirking. Harry took a deep breath and continued calmly, though his insides were boiling, "Yeah, ghosts are transparent, but Inferi are dead bodies, aren't they? So they'd be solid —"

"A five-year-old could have told us as much," sneered Snape. "The Inferius is a corpse that has been reanimated by a Dark wizard's spells. It is not alive, it is merely used like a puppet to do the wizard's bidding. A ghost, as I trust that you are all aware by now, is the imprint of a departed soul left upon the earth, and of course, as Potter so wisely tells us, is transparent. "

"Well, what Harry said is the most useful if we're trying to tell them apart!" said Ron. "When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a look to see if its solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?'" There was a ripple of laughter, instantly quelled by the look Snape gave the class.

~*~

And there's my tribute to Ron =) And two more things before I wrap this entry up:

1. All the movies on yesterday's Meme have been guessed, hooray! They've been updated with the answers and everything, so go take a look if you wanna know where the quotes came from =)

Number correct and the movies each person got right:

Russell - || (Dead Poets Society, The Day After Tomorrow)

Christopher - || (Enchanted, The Series of Unfortunate Events)

Charli - || (Finding Nemo, Step Up)

Mom - |||||| (The Mask of Zorro, Nightmare Before Christmas, Alice in Wonderland, Take the Lead, Stranger Than Fiction, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)

Dad - ||| (Back to the Future, The Patriot, Phantom of the Opera)

Theresa - || (Moulin Rou
ge, Elf)
Gwen - ||| (Tarzan, Peter Pan, Pirates 3)


Mom's the winner! (Not that it was a contest) You win a hug goodnight from me, and some pretty avatars =)


But anyway, I may do another movie quote meme sometime next week if you guys aren't sick of them by then (I still have many more movies and quotes I enjoy). In the meantime, you're free to try and guess the characters that said the things in the quotes if you want to.
Whether you do or don't, next
Saturday I'll probably go back and fill in the names of the characters that said each thing.
I have another meme that will probably be pretty fun to do, but I'm gonna wait a few days to post it, because I think we're probably all Meme-d out for now, am I right?




2. My favourite band, Ministry of Magic released a new song!!!


"However Far Away"

It's not their beeest song, but hey, new music by them is always AWESOME.

I recommend listening to "Snape vs. Snape" and "The Hero." Those are my favourite ones that they have available to listen to.

Other favourites are "Goodbye Privet Drive" (Oh my gosh, I can't WAIT for the new CD to come out!), Orchideous Symphony (so cute, I miss it), Escape from Azkaban, and Pensieve Diggory (These ones are older songs. They're from the same album as Snape vs. Snape and The Hero, but I love them).


I recommend "Apologize" if you like "Apologize" by Timbaland and One Republic ^^ Ministry of Magic has a parody =) I like the parody better, of course.


Oh, by the way, the girls singing in "Snape vs. Snape" are from The Parselmouths
and I think the girl singing in "However Far Away" is from The Moaning Myrtles.

I have to go to bed now--I have church tomorrow.

And DRAT, it's after midnight now! That's absolutely awful. That means this post is pointless because it's not Ron's birthday anymore and I didn't get a list posted in time for March 1st!


Drat, drat, drat.
Well, you guys can count this for yesterday, right? =)



5 comments:

RDCS said...

You aren't getting off that easy. if you REALLY cared, you'd have posted at 11:59 :P Today is the day AFTER rons birthday. Just in case you werent aware XD

theres a palindrome in my Word Verification! or...mirror images. not a palindrome.
qoop

Cathleen said...

Ok....some entertaining quotes....I may have to read the books after all.

Happy The Man said...

And I thought I was long winded and scatter brained. You poor girl, your mind is like all over the map! Mine stays at least within a general region (ok, smaller region than yours). I think we should blame it on the Ronzones! There could be worse traits to inherit I suppose...

Theresa said...

Wow! That's some list! Mine will pale in comparison...

VioletTears said...

Oh wow, you've actually heard of "Orchideous Symphony"? I know this entry is old, but I'm so jealous of you! I love MoM so much and I've been literally DYING to hear Orchideos Symphony!

I know you don't know me, but I am a fellow wizard rock lover, and I just had to comment.. :)