Somebody Stole the Moon!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008



Because I didn't get to update my blog yesterday, I'll tell you about both yesterday and today.


Yesterday I wore my Ravenclaw sweater to school for the first time. When I ordered it last July, my mom thought I would only wear it to Harry Potter events... Little did she know =)

<-- Picture of it to the left =) I know you'd probably rather see me in my sweater than this random model, but that's just too bad, because I don't like having my picture taken. But yeah, I only got my sweater about a month ago, even though it was ordered back in July. I'm still not entirely sure what happened to the store (Whimsic Alley) that they ignored everyone's orders and contact attempts for months... But hey, I got my sweater, and they refunded the shipping price since it didn't ship on time =) All's well that ends well, I guess ^^


Well, Ben finally gave me back my Peter Pan DVD yesterday. I was very happy to have it back. I highly recommend it if you haven't already seen it. It's my second favorite movie right after Phantom of the Opera. My favorite actor, Jason Isaacs, plays Captain Hook and Mr. Darling in it. -->

Well, in English yesterday a guidance counselor lady came to speak to us about our classes for next year, and we got course booklets and class sign-up sheets.

After much deliberation, I decided to take:

  • DE (Duel Enrollment) English over AP English, despite the fact that Mrs. Brauer probably won't be teaching AP English (she's an awful teacher. I had her for AP English at the beginning of this year and dropped out because I couldn't stand it). Mr. Andrews, the DE English teacher is supposed to be amazing. I've heard nothing but good things about him and the class, even though it's apparently a ton of work (they write like 20-page papers regularly...). I've heard it really prepares you for college, and that's what I need most.
  • Algebra 3 with Trig. over Stats or Math Analysis (It's the middle-level class; Stats is supposedly easier, and Math Analysis is harder)
  • Wind Ensemble (Band)
  • AP U.S. Government and Comparative Government - I'm only taking this because the teacher, Mr. Cooper, is said to be very good. Gregory has him currently and even he likes Mr. Cooper. If it weren't for the teacher, I'd probably say, "Bah, I've had enough of AP classes. Let me go back to CP; I need a GPA booster..."
  • Creative Writing (Elective class) - For this elective slot, I'm currently taking Psychology, and I love it, but there's only one level of psychology, and I've been wanting to take Creative Writing since freshman year anyway. (Oh, and guess what else? Mr. Andrews teaches this too, so I could possibly have him for two classes =))
  • Teacher Cadet Program (Elective class) - I think I'm going to take this instead of continuing my foreign language class to AP Spanish. I mean, I used to love Spanish, and I had planned on taking it up to AP Spanish, but then I got Mrs. Lorenzo for Spanish 4, (eurgh). I kinda feel bad though that I probably won't do Spanish anymore, because my old Spanish teacher, Mrs. Atkinson, really wants me to. I really don't want to take it though, because I think it's keeping me from trying other cool electives.
  • Human Anatomy and Physiology - My other choices are Ecology, Oceanography, and Physics, pretty much. (I say "pretty much" because there are also the AP and DE classes like AP Biology and AP Chemistry, but there's no way I'm taking advanced science classes. Science is NOT my thing.) Of those four CP classes, HA&P is supposedly the third hardest, but I've heard it's not bad. You just have to memorize a lot of things (all the bones and muscles...)
Okay, so last notes on my schedule--
The above is not official. I heard that my current English teacher, Mrs. Tobin, may teach the 12th grade AP English class if there's only one period of it. If that's the case, I'll definitely have to reevaluate whether I should take AP or DE, because Mrs. Tobin is currently like my favorite teacher. I love her!
Secondly-- for the Teaching class, it said something like you need a Family and Consumer Science credit for it, and since I don't have any, I'm not sure I can take it...? It's also only available 7th period, and I don't know how flexible the rest of my classes will be...
It may be that I'll need to choose between this and other classes, and if that's the case, I may need to go with AP Spanish after all.

Anyway, the day was pretty uneventful, so we'll skip to Spanish =) My teacher said she had to put an "imaginary grade" in for me on Friday since I couldn't take the exam. I didn't ask what the grade was that she guessed I would get, because I didn't want to be disappointed in myself when I take the exam for real and fall short of her expectations. Well, I told her I couldn't take the exam that day, so I didn't take it.

After school we had band rehearsal, and that was pretty entertaining =) This girl I don't even really know mouthed to me across the band room that I would look good with short hair... o.O
That was strange, but I think she's really cool, so it's okay ^^ I was just surprised she even knew my name.

Well, rehearsal ended and I had an hour before I had to ride home on the activity bus (I can't drive, and the school's far enough away from my house for it to be an inconvenience for my parents to pick me up, so I take this bus that leaves school at 5:00 pm and drops us off at our various designations). Well, I was going to use the time to work on my homework, but instead I got my ear talked off by this guy, Nick Moffat.
*sighs* How do I get myself into these situations? All he does is complain, and he thinks he's better than he is at flute and basketball and everything (yes, he plays flute). He's a really strange guy. He's also in Mrs. Tobin's 5th period English class (with Ben) and he ranted to me about how she recommended him for CP English (lololol). Then he went off on Mrs. Tobin and how she's a bad teacher and she asks stupid "Hippie" questions...


I just stared at him, dumbfounded, as he ranted about Mrs. Tobin and Mark Twain and society in the 1800's and not knowing what the heck Huck Finn was feeling or how his emotions affected society. He ranted about how we don't know why Mark Twain wrote what he wrote and that it's pointless to analyze things like the feelings of the characters, and how he said he refuses to answer any more "hippie questions". I wracked my brain for some kind of clue as to what he was talking about-- Mrs. Tobin never asked us any questions like that... And THEN he said that at least Mrs. Battista probably asked good, "academic" questions.


Well THAT broke me from my stupor. I will not just sit quietly when someone's praising Mrs. Battista in any way, shape, or form. (If you don't already know, she was, much to my utter dismay, my Honors English teacher for both 9th and 10th grade, and she was the most horrible, wretched teacher I have ever had the misfortune to be "taught" by. I won't talk about her here, because I could probably go on for several hours about how bad a teacher she is, and I can't because I need to get to bed.) I finally spoke up and told him he was wrong, and that he obviously didn't have Mrs. Battista if he thought she asked relevant, "academic" questions.

Well now, don't get me wrong--I'm usually just as quick to defend Mrs. Tobin as I am to criticize Mrs. Battista, but after just a few minutes of listening to Nick's rant about her, I realized he didn't have any idea what he's talking about, so I decided not to waste my breath on him. I mean, the question he said she asked him was simply ludicrous. I KNOW he must have heard the question wrong, or misinterpreted it or something, because it I know Mrs. Tobin wouldn't ask a question like that. So as often as I defend Mrs. Tobin, I mostly kept my mouth shut.

I once heard some very good advice:
"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Anyway, enough about that. Finally I got home and I spent most of the time before I went to sleep writing in my online diary.


I keep a diary because I'm terribly descriptive, and have a ridiculous tendency to go off on tangents. I know description is supposed to be good, but I'm so descriptive that I make it a fault. To give you an idea for comparison, my diary entries are generally like 5 times longer than this blog entry.

I just...feel really limited blogging, so I need to keep both a blog and a diary--One that satisfies my need to describe every detail about my day, and one that's somewhat less verbose so I can share my life with family and friends without boring them too much =)

Anyway, that stuff was all yesterday. I'll try harder to be pithy and only write about the key points of today since I realize this entry is lengthy enough as it is.
  • I went to a key club meeting this morning, but they didn't have one because there was a blood drive going on (have to be 17 or older to give blood, so I couldn't).
  • We took a pop-quiz in English today, and I'm quite sure I aced it--the test was more just to prove you've been keeping up with reading Huck Finn, and since I have, it was really easy for me.
  • I took a test in math. I didn't finish it, but it's okay because she's giving us the first 10 minutes of class tomorrow to complete it. Again, I think I aced it or nearly aced it.
  • In history, we started talking about World War I.
  • Spanish -- Okay, get this. I was all set to take my exam during class, right? I got a pass to the library and began working on it. I actually found it to be ridiculously easy. I had figured it would eventually get harder, but I wasn't about to complain about doing the easy stuff. In one of my many distracted ADD-moments, I even mused about what I would say when people asked how I thought I did on the exam: "Hah, it was sooo easy! It was almost like I was taking the Spanish 1 exam instead of Spanish 4." Well, time went on and it didn't get any harder. I couldn't believe we were given so many freebie questions! I got to #36 and I finally thought to myself, "... You know... what if this IS the Spanish 1 exam? I wouldn't put it past Mrs. Lorenzo to mix the two of them up..." So I turned to the front of the packet, full of apprehension, and what did I see? "Espanol 1". Yeah. I was taking the Spanish 1 exam. Eurgh. So I went back to class in a huff and glowered at my teacher and informed her of the mix-up. She found it very amusing, and said I didn't have time to start the real exam, so I'd have to take it tomorrow. *sighs* So that's my story. I STILL haven't made up my Spanish exam, and it is STILL my teacher's fault. She's so absent-minded. I should have expected something like that.


And that's it, I believe ^^

Oh, and for the record, "lolz" is the same thing as "lol". It's just something I picked up in my early days on the internet from a friend. The z doesn't mean anything. It's just there =)

Quote of the Day:

"What is 'L-O-L-Z'? What's the Z mean? It has to stand for something. 'Laugh Out Loud Zebra'?" --My Dad

Lolz =DD

6 comments:

Cathleen said...

Thanks for clarifying lolz.....I've been so confused...

Happy The Man said...

You should never argue with an idiot, onlookers don't know who is who...

So let me get this straight. You don't get your homework done at school because of Nick who has absolutely nothing relevant to say and then you diary and blog for the rest of day about what Nick said and how irrelevant it was??? And how is this helping you get your homework done again?

Maybe you should consider dropping band and keeping Spanish and the teacher cadet thing (if they let you)? Band consumes gobs of your time and you don't seem to be into as you once were. Just my impressions, you do what you want, it's your life. And just drop the 7 Gables thing like a bad habit, it's over! Why waste your time on that if it's so boring when you could be doing more productive and/or enjoyable things like blogging until all hours of the night?

Finally, when are the Tory memoirs going to be published? If you were to be hit by a bus tomorrow, would Karen or somebody help us get to them so that we could enjoy learning more about who you are?

Keep up the great posting but get the homework done first, please. It would be nice if one of our kids could get a scholarship of sorts... and actually get into a decent college.

Theresa said...

Judging by the length of your parent's respective comments, I can guess whom you take after. :) I really enjoy your posts!

charlithebold said...

I am telling you....this blog is the most addicting thing i have ever started reading.

Happy The Man said...

Charli, where's your blog??? We need to get in your mind and see what's in there beyond favorite movies, songs and books.

RDCS said...

Reminds me of an old pink floyd song. "Theres someone in my head but its not me"

I KNEW there was something sinister about google and this whole "blog" thing...